Welcome to the Governance section of Weston College’s website. The College’s Governing Body is known as Weston College Corporation.
Weston College was incorporated as a Further Education Corporation by the Further & Higher Education Act 1992. The statutory Instrument & Articles of Government set out the responsibilities of the Corporation and the Principal and provides the framework within which the Corporation must operate. The main responsibilities of the Corporation are:
- the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and the oversight of its activities;
- approving the quality strategy of the institution;
- the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and safeguarding their assets;
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure;
- the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Clerk;
- setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
Governors receive no remuneration and contribute their collective experience and skills to the Corporation in a non-executive capacity.
The Clerk to the Corporation is responsible for the preparation of agenda and papers; for ensuring that meetings are minuted and that the Governing Body and its Committees operate within the requirements of the Instrument & Articles of Government.
Contact: If you have any queries regarding the Corporation or its members, please contact:
Clerk to the Corporation