Safeguarding our students, staff and visitors is an important issue to us.
- Promotion of your health and development
- Ensuring your safety and care
- Ensuring you are offered the best life chances
- Protection from abuse and neglect
- Prevention of bullying and harassment.
The term safeguarding embraces both child and vulnerable adult protection and preventative approaches to keep our student, staff and visitor population safe. Safeguarding encompasses students’ health and safety, welfare and well-being.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We have developed a Safeguarding Policy and Procedure that aims to meet this commitment.
Our policy covers:
- Abuse and neglect
- Prevention of discrimination
- Anti-bullying and harassment
- Addressing attendance issues
- Supporting health care plans for students with specific medical needs
- Safety and security.
If you, as a student at the College have any concern about your wellbeing, safety or rights, then you should:
- Talk to your Tutor
- Talk to the College Welfare Officer
- Contact one of our three Designated Safeguarding Officers
- Jacqui Ford on 01934 411544 Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiona Waters on 01934 411531 Fiona.email@example.com
- Gary Farr on 01934 411595 Gary.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about eSafety and keeping safe online please visit www.weston.ac.uk/space
Please click here to download the Safeguarding Policy