BA (Hons): Contemporary Art and Professional Studies (Top-up: work-based)
Why choose this course
This course will allow you the opportunity to continue your creative development, and provide you with skills that are absolutely essential, if it is your intention to become a successful freelance professional or employee within
the creative industries.
Course structure and content
The course consists of 4 modules (120 credits total) at Level 6. Each module combines your own practice with the type of research and theory that will allow you to develop a portfolio of skills.
- Consolidate your creative skills and promote your own work
- Diversify these skills into areas in which you can make a living
- Find employment in the creative industries
- Become a freelance professional.
Taught sessions may include:
- Lectures, seminars and presentations
- Studio practice and workshops
- 1:1 tutorials.
- Project reports/journals
- Professional portfolios/exhibition
- Research project
- There are no formal written exams.
In partnerhip with
- £7,500 per year (full-time).
- £5,000 per year (part-time).
Students on this course enjoy a lower tuition fee, and can apply for the following funding (based on individual circumstances):
- Tuition Fee Loan
- Maintenance Loan
- Maintenance Grant
- University Bursary and/or National Scholarship
- Weston College Scholarships
All applicants will have:
- Completed an FdA in Contemporary Art & Professional Studies or an Art and Design based Foundation Degree*
- Secured a work-based setting or be self employed
- Identified a suitable work-based mentor.
*Non Bath Spa University applicants need to have achieved ABB at A Level or DDD at National/Extended Diploma.
How to apply
Internal applications only. Please contact the HE Unit on 01934 411780 for the appropriate form.
Campus Code: C