BA (Hons) Musical Theatre (top-up)
Why choose this course
- Highly qualified staff, all professional performers/ directors/musical directors/ choreographers with industry knowledge who will provide you with excellent tutorial support throughout your course.
- Links to industry both in the UK and worldwide
- Working professionals are brought in to deliver workshops
- Technical support at the highest standard using state-of-the-art equipment
- The performing arts academy is in an autonomous area of the College allowing students an uninterrupted learning experience
- An open door policy for tutors and lecturers, allowing you access to staff at any time for academic and pastoral support
- In addition to the official 255 contact hours, you have the opportunity to continue your skills training on your individual level in extra-curricular classes in singing, acting and dancing (Jazz, Ballet, Tap, Point work, Pas de deux)
- Extensive learning resources available at both the College and Bath Spa University.
Course structure and content
- Choreography and musical staging
- Song interpretation
- Professional practice
- Musical theatre performance
- Dissertation, research methodology.
Considerable emphasis will be placed upon your ability to organise and plan your own independent study.
Alongside this will be:
- Formal lectures
- Studio demonstrations and workshops
- Work-based learning/ performances
- A tutorial programme.
- Performance work
- Essays and journals
In partnerhip with
- £7,500 per year (full-time).
Students on this course enjoy a lower tuition fee, and can apply for the following funding (based on individual circumstances):
- Tuition Fee Loan
- Maintenance Loan
- Maintenance Grant
- University Bursary and/or National Scholarship
- Weston College Scholarships
Visit the Wessex Academy of Performing Arts Website
For all the latest news, videos and event details please visit: http://www.wapaperformance.co.uk
You should have successfully completed a Musical Theatre based Foundation Degree with Bath Spa University, obtaining an overall grade average of 50% in the second year of the course.
All applicants will be interviewed and auditioned. It is becomingincreasingly desirable for students to possess a Level 2 qualification in Maths and English. This is essential if you intend to progress onto a PGCE course at a later stage.
Non Bath Spa University applicants need to have ABB at A level or DDD at National/Extended Diploma.
On successful completion of this top-up qualification you may:
- Apply to progress to a PGCE course and teaching
- Progress to Masters Degree study at Bath Spa University or other universities
- Enter employment in for example musical theatre, music, theatre and media industries, holiday and cruise industries and community arts.
How to apply
Internal applications only. Please contact the HE Unit on 01934 411780 for the appropriate form.
Institution Code: B20
Course Code: WW3L
Campus Code: C