Natural or Social Science Professional n.e.c.
- Writes journal articles, books, and addresses conferences, seminars and the media to reveal research findings.
- Advises government, private organisations and special interest groups on policy issues.
- Compiles and analyses quantitative and qualitative data, prepares reports and presents results to summarise main findings and conclusions.
- Designs and develops an appropriate research methodology in order to address the research objective.
- Presents results of scientific research to sponsors, addresses conferences and publishes articles outlining the methodology and results of research undertaken.
- Analyses results and writes up results of tests and experiments undertaken.
- Applies models and techniques to medical, industrial, agricultural, military and similar applications.
- Designs tests and experiments to address research objective and find solutions.
- Provides technical advisory and consulting services.
- Plans, directs and undertakes research into natural phenomena.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 6% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for natural or social science professional n.e.c. is £37,091
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 952. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for natural or social science professional n.e.c. roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £37,091 per year. That is about £3,091 per month or £19.02 per hour. New workers generally start on £25,329, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £64,948
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 952 people are employed in the region.