Business, research or administrative professional n.e.c.
- Coordinates the organisation's services and resources, liaises with other senior staff.
- Analyses internal processes and systems, recommends and implements procedural and policy changes.
- Recruits and manages staff, assigns and delegates tasks and duties, makes changes in procedures to deal with variations in workload.
- Develops plans, sets objectives and monitors and evaluates performance.
- Prepares and reviews operational and financial reports.
- Controls and administers budgets.
- Advises national and local government on the interpretation and implementation of policy decisions, acts and regulations, and provides technical assistance in the formulation of policy.
- Co-ordinates and directs the activities of Revenue and Customs offices, Job Centres, Benefits Agency offices and other local offices of national government.
- Registers and maintains records of all births, deaths and marriages in local authority area, issues appropriate certificates and reports any suspicious causes of death to the coroner.
- Negotiates and monitors contracted out services provided by the private sector to local government studies and acts upon any legislation that may affect the local authority.
Typical Education Level
Entrants typically possess a degree or an equivalent qualification. Entry is also possible by internal promotion for those with appropriate experience. Training is often provided on-the-job in the form of short courses for specialist areas.
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 20% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for business, research or administrative professional n.e.c. is £30,596
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 954. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, 0 jobs have been posted for business, research or administrative professional n.e.c. roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £30,596 per year. That is about £2,550 per month or £15.69 per hour. New workers generally start on £21,197, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £50,486
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 954 people are employed in the region.