Conference or Exhibition Manager/Prganiser
- Ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
- Liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event.
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff.
- Allocates exhibition space to exhibitors.
- Develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client.
- Discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 5% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* This is not likely to lead to a great demand for new workers due to retirement
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for conference or exhibition manager/prganiser is £26,069
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 1,765. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for conference or exhibition manager/prganiser roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £26,069 per year. That is about £2,172 per month or £13.37 per hour. New workers generally start on £8,704, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £65,788
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 1,765 people are employed in the region.