Apprentice Commis Chef (Level 2) - Lincoln Inns & Restaurant Ltd at Rudgleigh Inn
The Lincoln Inns & Restaurant Ltd is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and confident applicant to join our friendly team at The Rudleigh Steakhouse as an Apprentice Commis Chef. You will be joining an exciting and growing business where all of our employees play a crucial part in delivering an exceptional level of service and quality dishes to our customers.
Overview of the role:
- You will be supporting staff in all areas of operation
- Preparing food as required utilising a variety of different kitchen equipment
- To ensure the continued high quality of food along with the high standards of cleanliness and safety
- In addition, you'll be accepting and checking supplier deliveries
- Cooking and serving customer orders, paying attention to presentation and detail.
The right candidate will gain varied experience of working with meat, poultry, fish, pastries, soups, sauces, pasta and egg based dishes, desserts, cakes and biscuits, bread and dough products.
This is a unique opportunity to attend Weston College’s School of Food which combines a mix of workplace teaching along with workshops operated by professional and well known chefs.
We are a Family run Steakhouse situated within a mile of the M5 junction 19 on the A369, with a large beer garden overlooking the local cricket club, we have plenty of parking spaces available, free Wi-Fi and Disabled Access. We have an Extensive range of fresh steaks, specialty burgers and light lunches available. Our Sunday carvery’s are very popular with a choice of corn fed topside beef, loin of pork with crackling, gammon or succulent crown of turkey. We are undergoing refurbishment starting on Monday the 11th of September and re-opening on Saturday the 23rd of September.
- Intermediate qualification in Commis Chef (Level 2)
- Full on the job training and support from your team, manager and mentor
- Monthly visits from your College Assessor
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) workbook
- Functional skills in maths, English and ICT - if applicable and depending on your prior attainments
Possibly securing a full time position upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Clean work ethic
- A desire to learn from an experienced team.
Applicants for this role should have GCSES (or equivalent) in the A*-C or Grade 9-4 range in English and maths
- A passion for good food & willingness to learn
- Good communication skills, excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility for working hours and an enthusiasm to succeed.
Bristol, BS20 0QD
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship