Apprentice Commis Chef (level 2) at the Westbury Park Pub and Kitchen at Zazu's Kitchen
We are looking enthusiastic new talent who want to get into the culinary sector through learning and development but also through hard work and commitment.
This Apprenticeship will be based at The Westbury Park Pub and Kitchen – A classic neighbourhood pub, serving outstanding food focussed on high quality pub classics alongside a seasonal and local produce led a la carte menu inspired by great British and French cooking with some modern ideas thrown in, plus a hugely successful sourdough pizza kitchen.
This role offers an opportunity to learn a range of skills while cooking with good quality ingredients and understanding how to work with fresh produce and serve food at high volume and under pressure.
- Daily prep jobs
- Cooking in service
- Kitchen organising and cleaning
- Setting up, preparing and cleaning their working environment
- Identifying commonly used knives and equipment and their specific uses
You will be site based with one day a month (day to be confirmed) spent at Weston College's School of Food where you will receive expert training as part of the Commis Chef (Level 2) qualification.
Zazu’s Kitchen Pubs is a Bristol-based independent pub company currently running seven establishments in the region; all of them different in look and character but all defined by shared and easily identifiable values. Our aim is for each pub to be an integral part of the community, with its own individual character, a good neighbour, designed and run to suit the local need by a committed and manager-led team who are encouraged to see the place as their own business. Our food focus is on serving great quality food, different in each establishment and fully inspired by the chefs in our kitchens, using local and seasonal ingredients with creativity and flair and expecting to see our customers served great quality food at a good price. There is some youth in our teams as our staff have grown up with us as we support learning and progression as a key pillar of our values and hope to see more young chefs joining our teams and working their way through to key roles within our businesses. Kitchen teams are supported by the experience of a fantastic Executive Chef who focuses on the quality of our product alongside the support of our chefs and their learning and progression.
- Intermediate qualification in Commis Chef (Level 2)
- Full on the job training and support from your team
- Attendance at Weston College's "School Of Food" professional Chef programme
- Monthly visits from your College Assessor
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) workbook
- Functional skills in maths and English - if applicable and depending on your prior attainments
Possibly securing a full time position upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Enthusiastic and determined to learn
- Ability to listen take direction and critical feedback
- Commitment to role and career position
- Punctuality and good attendance
- Desire to work within a team and be a team player
- Applicants for this Apprenticeship should ideally have A*-C/9-4 in English and maths, or an equivalent level 2 qualification - however all applications will be considered
- Some food knowledge would be desirable but a desire to learn is key
- Basic prep skills desirable
- Basic knife skills highly desirable
- Knowledge of food hygiene and safety to a basic level
Bristol, BS7 8NR
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship