Apprentice Production Chef (Level 2) at The Old Inn at The Old Inn
The Old Inn Clevedon which dates back to 1740's. A charming and inviting country pub serving great ales, beers and delicious food. Our food menu is traditional and freshly prepared, serving classic dishes from our popular Old Inn Burger to Cod & Chips. We are always looking for talented and passionate people to join our team. If you are interested in a career in hospitality this is a great opportunity to join a young, dynamic and growing company.
We expect staff to be hard working, great with people and most importantly have a passion for food. We believe teamwork is vital and want people who can genuinely make customers feel welcome. Our aim is to offer job opportunities with real long-term prospects to reward people with a talent for hospitality.
Daily duties will include:
- Working alongside the team
- Prepping all dishes
- Working on all sections in the kitchen
- Receiving, checking and putting away orders
- Keeping the kitchen clean and tidy, washing up
- Learning how the kitchen runs on a day to day basis
Clevedon’s oldest pub has been newly revamped by landlord Paul Onslow-Carey and is a bastion of town life. Licensed in 1764, it has been quenching the thirst of passing travellers for hundreds of years and is just as popular today with locals and newbies alike. There are plenty of options to satisfy whatever mood you’re in – after a stroll along the pier you might fancy a Brie and bacon wrap from the wrap, baguette and sandwich menu. Alternatively, if you’re ravenous after a hard day’s work, perhaps tuck into a large, juicy steak with onion rings, grilled tomatoes, chips, peas and a choice of sauce. Those simply wanting a leisurely catch-up with friends over a tipple or two will be more than happy with the extensive range of ciders, quality beers, ales and wines on offer.
- Intermediate qualification in Production Chef (Level 2)
- Full on the job training and support from your team
- Monthly visits from your College Assessor
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) workbook
- Functional skills in maths, English and ICT - if applicable and depending on your prior attainments
Possibly securing a full-time position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
- Hard working
- Applicants for this Apprenticeship should have A*-C 9/4 in English and maths, or an equivalent level 2 qualification
- Passion for food
- Basic Food Hygiene knowledge
- Basic Health and Safety knowledge
- Basic prep skills desirable
Clevedon, BS21 6AE
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship