I want to be a
Construction: Design, Surveying and Planning, T Level
T Levels are the new ‘Gold Standard’ in technical qualifications and are designed to ensure that learners are more employable.
Designed and developed in collaboration with key employers from the construction sector, such as Wessex Water, Galiford Try and Balfour Beatty, this T Level programme is a mixture of college and work-based learning to give you the technical skills and workplace experience to kick-start your construction career.
You will complete a core technical qualification that will develop your understanding of the construction sector and the built environment plus undertake a 12-week industry placement with one of our partner construction companies.
Technical areas of study could include Surveying, design, civil engineering, planning and emerging technologies such as drone surveying and BIM. As part of this study programme, you will develop your maths and English skills, gain support through a personalised tutorial programme and access enrichment activities and individual development. All aspects of your study programme will be discussed at your interview.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment for this T Level combines occupational specialism, where synoptic assessment of performance is captured through practical assignments, and core content which is assessed through an externally set test and an employer-set project.
What could I do after this course?
Successful completion of this T Level could lead to direct employment into the construction sector, further training via an apprenticeship, access to higher levels of learning such as HNCs or direct entry to university
What’s the difference in the Construction BTEC compared to the T Level?
Construction and the Built Environment BTEC
- Modular and unit approach - good if you prefer coursework over exams
- Typically learners go on to study site engineering, surveying and civil engineering at university or apprenticeships.
- Work experience (5 days) helping you to try out the industry ahead of your next steps
- Very broad and provides a robust general background for a range of construction professions
- Delivered through lecturers and assignments
Construction: Design, Surveying and Planning T Level
- Synoptic exam approach (includes all the topics you have learnt from all the modules) – good if you work well in exam settings
- Typically learners go on to study design, architecture, project management at university
- Industry placement (12-weeks) to develop and hone your skills.
- Defined and provides a focused knowledge base for learners with a specific career in mind
- Delivered through projects and assessments
5 GCSEs at grade 9-4 (including English and maths), or the Design, Surveying and Planning T Level Transition Programme.
Category & Subject AreaArchitect Construction Management Courses for 16 to 18-year-olds Courses for 16 to 18-year-olds Surveyor T Levels
iAn interview is required for this course.
Got a question?
Whatever you'd like to know, we're here to help...