Data Security and Data Protection, Certificate (Online)
This online course is designed to allow you to demonstrate understanding of data protection and data security. It will help you to progress to a work role where data protection and data security knowledge is required.
The various units will cover:
- Understand current data legislation
- Understand steps organisations might take to help protect data
- Understand how to protect their own data
- Understand how to protect ICT systems from common threats
- Understand the consequences of not protecting data and systems.
How will I be assessed?
There is no formal exam. Instead, you will need to demonstrate achievement of all learning outcomes within each module by submitting and passing all assessed activities within the course.
Upon successful completion, you will be awarded the L2 Certificate in Data Security and Data Protection.
You will have access to the College’s online portal. Once logged in you will be able to access your course materials, lessons and resources at any time.
Eligibility for FREE Level 2 Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/19
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
No formal entry requirements
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.