Warehousing and Storage, Certificate (Online)
What will I do on this course?
This course is designed to provide knowledge of the essential skills needed to work in the warehousing and storage industry and is suitable for all ages and backgrounds.
It will provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills required for a variety of job roles in the warehousing and storage industry.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed online and will be based on completion of the following modules:
*Health and safety in the workplace
- Maintain the cleanliness of equipment in logistics operations
- Keep stock at required levels in a logistics environment
- Keep work areas clean in a logistics environment
- Moving or handling goods manually in logistics facilities
- Pick goods in a logistics environment
- Wrap and pack goods in a logistics environment
- Operate equipment to perform work requirements in a logistics environment
- Use equipment to move goods in logistics facilities
- Receive goods in a logistics environment
- Maintain hygiene standards in handling and storing goods in a logistics environment
- Assemble orders for dispatch in a logistics environment
- Sort goods and materials for recycling or disposal in a logistics environment
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues in logistics operations
- Make an effective contribution to a business in the logistics sector
- Contribute to the provision of customer service in logistics operations
- Place goods in storage in logistics operations
- Process orders for customers in logistics operations
- Process returned goods in logistics operations
On successful completion, you will be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage.
You will have access to the College’s online portal. Once logged in you will be able to access your course materials, lessons and resources at any time.
Eligibility for FREE Level 2 Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/19
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
No formal entry requirements
All you need to know about course dates and times
What our students say
Kevin, Plastering, Diploma Level 1
“I’ve always struggled academically and suffered a number of problems after leaving the army, so it was a huge achievement for me to gain this qualification. Weston College has helped me move on and I can’t thank the staff enough.”
Kevin chose to retrain after leaving the army and being diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He says the support and guidance of staff has helped turn his life around and allowed him to start his own plastering business – Getting Plastered – which also raises money for injured army personnel.
What next? Kevin is now working towards the Level 2 Plastering Diploma at Weston College, while continuing to build his business.