Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care, Award (Online)
What will I do on this course?
This qualification gives you a basic knowledge of the adult social care sector.
It covers the type of job roles and services within it, the role of communication and the importance of valuing the individuals being cared for.
You will investigate the principles and how they are applied in everyday work contexts. You will also have an opportunity to examine the dilemmas that can arise and the consequences when these principles aren’t upheld.
This qualification is suitable for anyone aged 14 and above and is a knowledge-based course so you do not need to be working in the care sector to participate.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods and tasks such as designing charts or leaflets, coursework or methods such as oral questioning.
On successful completion, you will be awarded the NCFE Cache Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care.
The course is worth 6 credits.
You will have access to the College’s online portal. Once logged in you will be able to access your course materials, lessons and resources at any time.
Eligibility for FREE Level 2 Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/19
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
No formal entry requirements
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.