Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Care Sector, Certificate (Online)
This qualification is designed for those wishing to develop their understanding of safe handling and administering of medication.
What will I do on this course?
This qualification aims to help you develop a general understanding of different types of medication and their use. You will gain knowledge of the procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of medication. You will obtain an understanding of legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of responsibility and accountability. You will also learn the record-keeping process for medication.
The various units cover:
- Medication and prescriptions
- Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- The safe administration of medication
- Record-keeping and audit processes for medication
- The context of specific learning difficulties
How will I be assessed?
There is no formal exam. Instead, you will need to demonstrate achievement of all learning outcomes within each module by submitting and passing all assessed activities within the course.
Upon successful completion, you will be awarded the NCFE/CACHE L2 Certificate in Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care.
You will have access to the College’s online portal. Once logged in you will be able to access your course materials, lessons and resources at any time.
Eligibility for FREE Level 2 Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/19
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
No formal entry requirements
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.