All you need to know about course dates and times
Introducing Caring for Children and Young People, Certificate (Online)
This qualification will give you a basic understanding of childcare and education, parenting and babysitting. It will also help you make informed choice about working with children and young people.
All the units are optional, giving you greater flexibility.
How will I be assessed?
Learning will be assessed online and will be based on completion of the following modules chosen by the assessor:
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Importance of play for early learning
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Introductory awareness of sensory loss
- The value of play to young children
- Young children's development
- Accident prevention and fire safety when babysitting
- Caring for young children in a babysitting environment
- Craft activities with young children
- Rights and responsibilities in relation to parenting
- Parenting and healthy lifestyles
- Parenting a young baby
- Respecting and valuing children
- Sharing learning experiences with children
- Children's play and leisure activities in the community.
The qualification prepares for further learning or training and/or develop knowledge and/or skills in a subject area does not confer competence or licence to practice.
On successful completion, you will be awarded the NCFE Cache Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
No formal entry requirements
Eligibility for FREE Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
Please note: An administration fee of £100 will be incurred if you withdraw from the course. For funding reasons you can only enrol on one course at a time.
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.