Level 2 Qualifications
This course may be Free* if you live in the South West of England and:
- You are defined by the Adult Education Board (AEB) as being unemployed because one of the following applies:
- receive Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), including those receiving National Insurance credits only
- receive Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- receive Universal Credit and your take home pay, as recorded on your Universal Credit statement (disregarding Universal Credit payment and other benefits) is less than £345 a month (learner is sole adult in the benefit claim) or £552 a month (learner has a joint benefit claim with their partner)
- are released on temporary licence, studying outside a prison environment, and not funded by the Ministry of Justice
- You are employed, or self-employed, and earn less than £18,525.00 annual gross salary.
Level 3 Qualifications
This course is Free* if:
The qualification you have chosen to study is part of the Legal Entitlements list and you are aged 19-23 at the start of your course and you do not already have a qualification at Level 3 or higher. From April 2021, any adult aged 24 and over who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification will be able to access certain courses we run for free.
The full fee is payable if:
- this is not your first full level 3
- the qualification you wish to study isn’t on the approved list of level 3 qualifications the College can run for free.
However, you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan.
Apprenticeships - Information for Employers
The cost of apprenticeships will be split into 30 funding bands ranging from £1,500 to £27,000. The prices will depend on the type of apprenticeship and the level it is taught at, and are negotiable with your training provider.
For 98% of employers, the reforms mean that employing an apprentice will be better value for money than ever before. Small businesses will only have to pay 5% of the training costs, with the Government picking up the remaining 95%. In some cases, the Government will fully fund apprenticeships for small businesses.
Click here for more information about how the reforms and levy will affect your company.
Advanced Learner Loans
You may be eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan from Student Finance England, to fund the cost of your course. For further information and to check eligibility, please follow the links below: