More course dates announced soon
Gym Instructing, Certificate (Online and On Campus)
Our Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing will develop your knowledge and skills in gym instruction to enable you to pursue a career as a gym instructor. This qualification will provide a combination of knowledge and skills to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes to a range of clients.
You will develop your knowledge and skills surrounding diet and health, different forms of nutrition, planning a weight management programme and food safety awareness by completing a Level 2 in Nutrition and Health.
Additionally, you will develop your wider employment and digital skills to ensure that you can successfully progress into the fitness and leisure industry.
Who is suitable?
This course is ideal for individuals who wish to work and/or seek employment as a gym instructor. Additionally, this course is ideal for individuals looking to enhance their own knowledge and fitness awareness. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
What you will learn
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology that is applicable to gym instructing.
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health.
- Health and safety in a fitness environment.Customer care.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to support positive behaviour change.
- The skills needed to plan and conduct gym-based exercise sessions with individuals and groups.
- Legal and professional requirements for fitness instructing.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve their own performance.
- Consider the nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Developing digital career skills
The benefits of this course include:
- Access to our state-of-the-art performance gym for the technical and practical delivery of this study programme.
- Learn from your own home, in your own time, for elements of the study programme.
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Access to award-winning learning and assessment materials
- Subject specialist support from a Tutor and access to a Learner Support Advisor for everyday queries
- Funding available – speak to one of our team for more information and to see if you are eligible.
Successful achievement of this qualification will provide entry to the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as an affiliate member (exercise and fitness). Launched in 2011, CIMSPA is the professional development body for the UK’s sport and physical activity sector.
This accredited achievement is valued and recognised by employers and can assist learners to increase/enhance their career opportunities, progression and earning potential.
This qualification will allow individuals to pursue a career as a fitness instructor, which has average annual earnings of £27,477.
This qualification supports progression to employment and progression within employment for the following job roles and workers: Fitness Instructor
This course will enable you to progress onto a Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved our Level 1 Award in Exercise Studies qualification.
iAn interview is required for this course.
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.