Understanding in Common Childhood illnesses, Certificate (Online)
The aim of this qualification is to increase your knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses to enable you to support the development and well-being of infants and children you support and care for.
How will I be assessed?
Learning will be assessed online and will be based on completion of the following modules:
- Understand how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children
- Understand common childhood illnesses knowledge
- Understand health emergencies and specific health conditions in an early years setting
This qualification is suitable for those in or seeking employment, or those who need to develop an awareness of issues surrounding common childhood illnesses.
On successful completion, you will be awarded the NCFE Cache Level 2 Certificate in Understanding in Common Childhood illnesses
No formal entry requirements
Eligibility for FREE Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/19
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
Please note: An administration fee of £100 will be incurred if you withdraw from the course. For funding reasons you can only enrol on one course at a time.
All you need to know about course dates and times
What our students say
Kevin, Plastering, Diploma Level 1
“I’ve always struggled academically and suffered a number of problems after leaving the army, so it was a huge achievement for me to gain this qualification. Weston College has helped me move on and I can’t thank the staff enough.”
Kevin chose to retrain after leaving the army and being diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He says the support and guidance of staff has helped turn his life around and allowed him to start his own plastering business – Getting Plastered – which also raises money for injured army personnel.
What next? Kevin is now working towards the Level 2 Plastering Diploma at Weston College, while continuing to build his business.