ACCESS TO HIGHER EDUCATION
Our successful Access to Higher Education (HE) courses are designed to give you the skills and qualifications you need to apply for university.
Weston College's Access to HE provision is well-established, with consistently high pass rates. This means that if you study with us you are likely to achieve the grades you need to progress on to a university-level course.
It's never too late to go to university. A degree can improve your employability and teach you a variety of skills that employers are looking for, such as analysis, research, managing time and budgets, networking and writing and communication skills. Having a degree also means you're more likely to get a higher-paid job.
Concerned about adding to loans and debt? Student Finance England will ‘write off’ the loan you take to pay for an Access to HE course, provided you go on to successfully complete a university-level qualification.
You'll fit in at Weston College. Because we're a further and higher education college, we're used to teaching adults - in fact over 15,000 of our students are 19+ years old. Our award-winning facilities are closer to what you'd expect from a university. You can find out more about them here.
Plus, if you study Access to HE with us and decide to apply for a degree at University Centre Weston, we'll prioritise your application.
THERE ARE STILL A FEW SPACES LEFT FOR JANUARY EMAIL US HERE TO FIND OUT MORE!
• Course content. We work with universities such as the University of the West of England and Bath Spa University to ensure our Access to Higher Education courses are teaching you the skills and qualifications that universities are looking for.
• Reputation. Our adult course provision puts us in the top 25% of colleges in the country.
• Success rates. 98% of our students who applied to university after finishing their course were offered places and 100% of those students achieved the grades needed to accept their offers.
• Our facilities. Our Access to Higher Education courses are taught in our Knightstone Campus based in the town centre. You can find out more about our campuses here.
• Our links with universities and employers. As well as working with universities, we work with over 2,500 businesses to provide you with the best careers and progression guidance.
• If you are between 19 and 23, your tuition and exam fees could be free, depending on your previous qualifications and financial circumstances. If you are over the age of 19 but don't qualify for free tuition, you can apply for the Advanced Learner Loan to cover the main course fees.
• All adult learners who are UK residents can take out up to four Advanced Learner Loans and, even better, they are not credit based or means tested - so they will not affect your credit rating.
• You won't have to pay back a penny until you are earning more than £27,295 a year (before tax and other deductions).
• Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learning Loan balances you owe for an eligible Access to HE course once you complete a higher education course. This means you don’t have to repay a loan you take to pay for an Access to HE course provided you go on to successfully complete a university-level qualification.
Many learners who study an Access course do not have many formal qualifications. You are required to have a level 2 in English, if you do not have level 2 English, you can enrol on a Pre-Access course for which there are no formal entry requirements. However, you will be required to complete a maths and English assessment.
Available Access to Higher Education courses
Available Access to Higher Education Pathways
We run two intakes each year; September and January. The pathways we offer are below.
Ask a question
Unsure what courses is right for you?