Accessibility statement for Weston College
This accessibility statement applies to www.weston.ac.uk
This website is run by the Weston College Group. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- videos don’t have subtitles embedded, they must be turned on via the YouTube control buttons
- some areas of the website feature complex data which is pulled in from external resources (such as course and career systems) and these are under ongoing review.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Weston College Group Marketing department via email email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Weston College Group is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
- Disproportionate burden - the website features over 8,000 separate pages many of which include data which is pulled in from external, frequently changing systems
- Videos -
The videos are hosted on YouTube to ensure good quality video across multiple platforms.
The closed captions are generated by YouTube and by default are turned off. These must be controlled by the YouTube control buttons embedded in the player on this site.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared 15th December 2020 It was last reviewed on 15th December 2020.
This website was last tested on 15th December 2020. The test was carried out by the Marketing Officer - Website Development at Weston College.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test, the home page, a standard content page and a resource page – this covers the different types of pages on this site.