NCO or Other Ranks
- Leads and trains new recruits and lower ranks, looks after their discipline and welfare.
- Patrols areas of possible military activity.
- Undertakes specialist activities such as operating communications equipment, driving military vehicles.
- Trains and exercises using various military equipment and tactics.
- Stands watch and guards military establishments and other buildings.
- Engages in peacekeeping operations and enforces ceasefire agreements.
- Takes part in military operations in situations of conflict and provides aid if required in emergency situations such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents.
- Monitors, operates, services and repairs military equipment.
- Receives and responds to commands from senior officers.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, NAN% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* This is not likely to lead to a great demand for new workers due to retirement
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for nco or other ranks is £0
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 0. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for nco or other ranks roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £0 per year. That is about £0 per month or £0.00 per hour. New workers generally start on £0, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £0
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 0 people are employed in the region.