Roundsperson or van salesperson
- Returns to depot and hands in unsold goods and cash.
- Sells goods, records deliveries, takes further orders or articles requiring servicing and collects cash or prepares bill.
- Calls out, rings bell or otherwise attracts attention to the items on sale.
- Calls at customers.
- Drives vehicle over established route and parks at recognised stopping places or households.
- Loads vehicle with food, drink, or articles that have been laundered, etc..
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 24% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for roundsperson or van salesperson is £19,422
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 579. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for roundsperson or van salesperson roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £19,422 per year. That is about £1,619 per month or £9.96 per hour. New workers generally start on £7,658, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £36,440
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 579 people are employed in the region.