- Performs other processing tasks not elsewhere classified.
- Operates machines to produce flat and corrugated asbestos cement pipes and sheets.
- Operates machines to mix, blend, crush, wash and separate seeds and other materials not elsewhere classified.
- Operates kilns, furnaces and ovens to produce cement clinker, linoleum cement and asphalt, to fire abrasive and carbon products and otherwise cook and heat treat materials and products not elsewhere classified.
- Packs products ready for kiln setting.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 22% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for process operative is £29,296
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 833. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for process operative roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £29,296 per year. That is about £2,441 per month or £15.02 per hour. New workers generally start on £19,382, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £46,623
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 833 people are employed in the region.