Tyre, exhaust or windscreen fitter
- Replaces faulty parts of exhaust and refits exhaust or windscreen to vehicle.
- Inflates tyre to correct pressure, refits wheel to axle and balances wheel using balancing machine.
- Separates tyre from wheel and fits replacement tyre using automatic machine or by using a wheel stand and hand tools.
- Removes wheel, exhaust or windscreen using semi-automatic machinery or hand and power tools.
- Carries out inspection and assesses the nature and extent of repair necessary.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 4% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* This is not likely to lead to a great demand for new workers due to retirement
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for tyre, exhaust or windscreen fitter is £16,380
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 281. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for tyre, exhaust or windscreen fitter roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £16,380 per year. That is about £1,365 per month or £8.40 per hour. New workers generally start on £14,458, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £33,676
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 281 people are employed in the region.