Fork-lift truck driver
- Cleans, oils and greases machine.
- Keeps records of work undertaken.
- Ensures that truck is connected to charger or is correctly refuelled for use.
- Drives truck to unloading point and lowers forks to correct position on stack or ground.
- Operates controls to pick up load on forks.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 17% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for fork-lift truck driver is £22,269
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 3,096. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for fork-lift truck driver roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £22,269 per year. That is about £1,856 per month or £11.42 per hour. New workers generally start on £18,824, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £33,696
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 3,096 people are employed in the region.