WELCOME TO WESTON-SUPER-MARE
A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE & WORK
Weston-super-Mare is one of the UK’s most popular coastal towns, with iconic attractions such as the 3-mile stretch of beach (within walking distance of the College), the Grand Pier and stunning countryside.
The town is very family-oriented, with activities available for all ages, as well as an excellent choice of primary and secondary schools, and Weston College, an Ofsted Outstanding institution, offering education and vocational training to both 16-19 and adult learners, degree level study via University Centre Weston, Apprenticeships, SEND provision and much more.
The location of Weston could not be more ideal; we:
- Are adjacent to Junction 21 of the M5 motorway
- Have two mainline train stations
- Are only a 2 to 2.5 hour (direct) train journey from London
- Are just 20 minutes from a large international airport (Bristol)
- Are nationally very centrally located and in easy reach of great cities such as Bristol, Bath, Cardiff, Birmingham and Exeter
- And the coastlines of the South West (Devon & Cornwall) and Wales
With a vast number of transport links, relocating to Weston makes it easy to stay in touch with friends and family from across the country and internationally.
In February 2023, Weston was named as the “Best Commuter Town for Bristol Workers”, based on several factors, including the incredible public transport systems and networks – as well as an attractively priced housing market for those who wish to relocate here.
Don’t miss out
If you are thinking of relocating to Weston – incredible opportunities await you at the College, with:
- Flexible/hybrid/PT working patterns
- On-the-job training to become a qualified teacher or business support specialist
- Those with the right ethos, attitude and approach do not need a teaching qualification to join us – exceptional on-site training provided whilst you develop your career with us
Knightstone Campus overlooking the Grand Pier
Why relocate to work for Weston College?
Work at Weston College
- We offer a range of job opportunities for staff including full and part-time lecturing, assessor roles, learning and business support roles, and prison education roles.
- We provide career development opportunities and flexible start dates.
- Campuses are not just in Weston-super-Mare, but also in Bristol city centre and the engineering heartland, Filton
- Prison Education opportunities are throughout the South West of England.
- We are supportive of extra training and development programs and can provide exposure to new work environments and projects.
Live in North Somerset
Enjoy a better work life balance with access to the beach, woods, marine lake, shops, and restaurants and great schools.
Excellent transport links to Bristol, Bath, Exeter, and London are available.
The town is bucking the national trend in welcoming new shops and businesses.
Somerset is a festival hub for music, food, drink, and arts. Glastonbury Festival kicks off summers of music and performance in open fields with local food and drink. From National Trust Top of the Gorge Festival to Somerset Gin Festival and Glow Festival in Weston-super-Mare, there is something for everyone.
The area also offers lots of scenic countryside, coastline for walking and cycling. You can enjoy trips to the Mendips, harbours, and more beaches at Sand Bay and Burnham-on-Sea.
Weston-super-Mare is home to a huge amount of culture and art, including pieces such as Banksy's Dismal Land in 2016, and the Tropicana's SEE Monster in 2022, pictured here.
Once upon a summer Super Weston captures summer in Weston-super-Mare, celebrating all the fantastic activities you can enjoy
Take a look at annual festival Glow - lighting up Grove Park in Weston, seeing natural landscapes transformed into wonderous lights
Weston’s increasing vibrancy, outdoors lifestyle and culture focus is becoming increasingly popular, and creates the perfect town to live and work. Take a look at Super Weston’s short film celebrating the cultural wave that is taking place in Weston-super-Mare right now