Embracing the new SEND Reform (Special Educational Needs and Disability) - Childrens and Family Act 2014.
The College embraces the new Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2014 and the Children's and Family Act 2014.
The Additional Learning Support team at Weston College, works hard to ensure that the Principles within the SEND reforms are met across college.
We are making sure that:
- Young people and their families are at the centre of all discussions around the support we provide
- The support offered takes into account young people's health, care and educational needs
- We work closely with the young person's local authority to access all aspects of the services available in the area.
- Young people and families are supported during the transition to an Education Health and Care Plan
- We focus and prepare young people for adulthood, including employment, independent living or higher level courses.
- Person-centred reviews are provided ensuring young people meet their individualised goals and their EHCP outcomes are reviewed well.
To view our current SEND policies please click here.