Understanding Autism, Certificate
The Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism is aimed at support staff working with people on the autism spectrum in a voluntary or paid capacity, and for family members/carers who want to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of autism to support progression to employment, career development and/or on to further qualifications. The course will give you the opportunity to learn and share best practice from across the sector.
- 20-week online programme
- 3 hours per week teaching via Teams (Thursday evenings 5pm to 8pm)
- An additional 4 hours a week independent study to fit around home and work commitments.
- Each week you will have access to our Autism Café - an informal virtual space to ask questions, advice and guidance on autism specific to your practice/life environment.
The course is delivered by specialist practitioners from Weston College’s nationally recognised Specialist Support Provision, all of whom are highly trained and experienced in delivering high quality autism support and promoting an inclusive, person-centred ethical approach.
The course consists of 5 units:
- Understand the diagnosis and management of autism
- Understand best practice in the context of autism
- Legislation, guidance, information and support relevant to autism
- Autism and behaviour
Living with autism in society
Whilst this course provides the perfect progression from our current L2 in Understanding Autism it is accessible as direct entry without prior autism qualifications.
Level 2 or equivalent in maths and English.
Category & Subject AreaCourses for adults Courses for adults Education and Early Years Free Level 3 Health and Social Care
iAn interview is required for this course.
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.