GCSE results day is 12 January 2023, please come into Knightstone Campus (BS23 2AL) from 09:00 onwards 12 January to collect your results.
A printed results slip will also be posted to you on the afternoon of results day but it is not likely to arrive for a few days.
- YOU MUST BRING YOUR STUDENT ID CARD
- If you are unable to collect your results at this time then you can arrange for a family member or friend to collect them. They must bring the following with them:
- YOUR student ID card to prove your identity
- A signed letter from you stating that you give permission for them to collect your results (e.g. “I, Ed Smith, give permission for Mrs Lucy Smith to collect my exam results on Thursday 12th January….” SIGN IT!)
- Their own form of ID (driving licence, passport, birth certificate etc) Any results not collected will be posted out to your home address.
If you experience any issues with this or would like to talk to us please call the Exams Department via 01934 411 411 or EXAMINATIONS@WESTON.AC.UK.
Managing your exam anxiety
We are no longer accepting external candidates for Summer 2023 exams (GCSE and A level). We will not be offering late entries for candidates
Weston College accepts external candidates:
- for the summer public exam series for GCSE, iGCSE and A Levels,
- entering for subjects with AQA, Edexcel, OCR or WJEC (Eduqas) that do not have coursework, practical or endorsement requirements.
- Candidates wishing to retake GCSE English Language, A Level Biology, Chemistry or Physics who already have a practical endorsement grade can request (with evidence) that we carry this forward even if it was awarded by a different Awarding Body.
What you need to do:
- Contact Exams prior to completing the external candidate form if you are unsure if we are able to support your particular exam request. We are not able to recommend which Awarding Body or syllabus you enter for
- Inform Exams, prior to external candidate form submission, if you require Exam Access Arrangements. We will need either an in date Form 8 form your previous education provider or an in date EHCP.
- Complete the relevant external candidate form
- Return completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org allowing sufficient time for full payment to be taken by the 31 January 2023
What will it cost?
- The Awarding Body entry fee (GCSEs are approx. £46 and A Levels are approx. £130) and;
- Weston College external candidate fee:
- £130 if you are not a student of Weston College or were not a student of Weston College in the previous academic year
- £60 if you are a Weston College student wanting to sit an exam for a subject that you are not enrolled
- £60 if you were a Weston College student in the previous academic year
What happens next
- Weston College will confirm via email that your external candidate application has been accepted
- Four weeks before your first exam Weston College will send your exams timetable to you by letter. This will detail exam dates, times and venues
External Candidate Exam Entry Form 22/23
External Candidate Exam Entry Form (Current or previous year student)
If you feel your result doesn't match your work...