Bristol Training Institute
This September the Bristol Training Institute will arrive in central Bristol!
We currently have courses available covering a variety of subjects - and as full qualifications, they're ideal whether you're looking to retrain, upskill or progress on to university.
Here’s what we can offer:
- A mixture of classroom based lectures in central Bristol and online learning.
- Support available via your own tutor to help you succeed.
- Ofsted ‘outstanding’ education from Weston College on behalf of the West of England Institute of Technology.
- Access to state-of-the-art digital training hub which a boardroom and conference training rooms all including smartboard facilities and laptop stations.
- All the benefits of being a student - i.e student discounts!
- Plus, many people qualify for FREE courses, see below for more details.
We have a friendly team ready to guide you through the application process - start your journey by selecting a course below.
These courses have limited spaces available - and all start in the next few weeks, so don't delay!
Available Bristol Training Institute courses
Available Digital Courses
Essential Digital SkillsEntry Level
Intro to Coding BootcampLevel 3
Working with Data BootcampLevel 3
Access to HE Diploma: ComputingLevel 3
Software Engineering BTEC Higher National Diploma (HTQ)Level 5
Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship, BSc (Hons)Level 6
Available Professional Courses
Information, Advice and Guidance, CertificateLevel 2
Team Leading (Fast Track), ILM Certificate (Online and On Campus)Level 2
Youth Work Practice, CertificateLevel 2
Information, Advice and Guidance, CertificateLevel 3
Law and Practice, CILEx Certificate/DiplomaLevel 3
Youth Work Practice, CertificateLevel 3
Law and Practice, CILEx Certificate/DiplomaLevel 6
Do I qualify for a FREE course?
You could be eligible for a free Level 2 course listed on this page, if you live in the South West of England (including the West of England Combined. Read the full T&Cs here.
I earn less that £18.5k
If you are employed, or self-employed, live in the South West of England and earn less than £17,374.50 annual gross salary or less than £18,525.00 (West of England Combined Authority postcodes), a Level 2 course listed on this page could be FREE. Read the full T&Cs here.
- If you do not already have a Level 2 qualification and live in the South West of England (including the West of England Combined Authority), the Level 2 courses on this page could be FREE.
- If you do not already have a Level 3 qualification and live in the South West of England (including the West of England Combined Authority), these Level 3 courses on this page could be FREE.
Read the full T&Cs here.
I’m 50 +
If you do not already have a Level 2 qualification and live in the South West of England (including the West of England Combined Authority), the Level 2 courses on this page could be FREE. Read the full T&Cs here.
I’m over 19 and do not have a level 3 qualification
These Level 3 courses are part of the National Skills Fund, if you live in the South West of England, it could be FREE. Read the full T&Cs here.
I'm interested in an Access to HE course
• If you are between 19 and 23, your tuition and exam fees could be free, depending on your previous qualifications and financial circumstances. If you are over the age of 19 but don't qualify for free tuition, you can apply for the Advanced Learner Loan to cover the main course fees.
• All adult learners who are UK residents can take out up to four Advanced Learner Loans and, even better, they are not credit based or means tested - so they will not affect your credit rating.
• You won't have to pay back a penny until you are earning more than £27,295 a year (before tax and other deductions).
• Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learner Loan balances you owe for an eligible Access to HE course once you complete a higher education course. This means you don’t have to repay a loan you take to pay for an Access to HE course provided you go on to successfully complete a university-level qualification.
Please contact us below or via the Live Chat (during office hours), to discuss your circumstances.
I'm interested in the bootcamps
The bootcamps are free for everyone based in the West of England as part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs. If you are an employer wishing to upskill your staff, you will be charged 30% of the normal price, the balance is paid by Government as part of this pilot.
Unsure if you are eligible?
If you do not meet the above criteria, there are also co-funding options or you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the course fee. Please contact us below or via the Live Chat (during office hours), to discuss your circumstances.
Where is the Bristol Training Institute
The new Bristol Training Institute open premises in the heart of the city centre at 12 Colston Avenue (BS1 4UH), the former office of the Bristol Law Society.
Meet Georgina who shares her Digital Bootcamp experience with us...