Karen Watkins - Managing Difficult Conversations - Workshop
08 March 2023 10:00 – 12:30
08 March 2023, 10:00 - 12:30 or 13:15 - 16:15.
The Hive - 6 Beaufighter Rd, Weston-super-Mare BS24 8EE.
Due to high demand, there will now be two sessions held on the 8th March. The first session, which has now sold out, will take place between 10:00 - 12:30, and the second will be 13:15 - 16:15.
This session is primarily aimed at SME owners, leaders and HR professionals who may have to face difficult discussions with individuals and teams, and want to be braver in having and handling difficult performance conversations.
This will ultimately help your people grow and your business to reach its full potential.
Difficult conversations aren’t for everyone, in this session you’ll learn how to:
- Prepare for a difficult conversation, by using a simple framework for planning and holding the meeting and conversation
- Improve communication by asking the right questions, whilst honing questioning and listening skills
- Observe without judgement, find common ground and deliver feedback that lands
- Banish your nerves and remain calm and in control no matter how difficult the conversation
- Learn what triggers you and discover how to overcome those feelings to facilitate crucial conversations
- How to create a culture of honest conversations that drive individual and team improvement
- Create new habits and learn how to collaborate to make positive changes that last
- Take the time to practice your new skills so you feel ready and prepared
This will be a practical session with the aim being to discuss current issues and challenges so that you have the space and time to work on a plan that delivers results when they get back to the office.
To check that we are talking more specifically about the types of challenges you are facing, you will be sent a short questionnaire (5 questions) to check in on a current challenge ahead of the day and then use these as real, yet anonymous scenarios in each session, Karen will also leave time for them to work on the scenarios together.
Our Build Back Better series is being funded by the West of England Combined Authority as part of the Workforce for the Future programme. Build Back Better is an engaging and innovative business workshop series that seeks to equip SME business leaders with new skills and knowledge, to navigate the business landscape beyond the pandemic.
Due to the high demand of this workshop, please may we ask that only two individuals from each business attend.
This training sessions is part of Workforce for the Future, which Weston College is delivering on behalf of the West of England Combined Authority in collaboration with other regional partners. The West of England Workforce for the Future programme has received £4m of funding from the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions is the Managing Authority for the England European Social Fund programme. Established by the European Union, the European Social Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support skills development, employment and job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information, click here.