Garage manager or proprietor
- Ensures the business accounts are maintained.
- Provides information about garage merchandise for staff and customers.
- Maintains records of repair work to detect recurrent faults.
- Checks completed work for compliance with safety and other statutory regulations.
- Arranges for maintenance staff to perform necessary maintenance and repair work on vehicles or motorcycles.
- Ensures that necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available or obtainable at short notice.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 27% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for garage manager or proprietor is £27,710
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 920. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for garage manager or proprietor roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £27,710 per year. That is about £2,309 per month or £14.21 per hour. New workers generally start on £16,162, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £47,611
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 920 people are employed in the region.