Construction or building trades supervisor
- Reports as required to managerial staff on work-related matters.
- Determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet productivity requirements.
- Liaises with managers and contractors to resolve operational problems.
- Establishes and monitors work schedules to meet productivity requirements.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of construction and building workers and/or subcontractors.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 25% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for construction or building trades supervisor is £25,779
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 1,569. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for construction or building trades supervisor roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £25,779 per year. That is about £2,148 per month or £13.22 per hour. New workers generally start on £25,334, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £46,842
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 1,569 people are employed in the region.