Engineering Professional n.e.c.
- Provides technical consultancy services.
- Examines and advises on patent applications.
- Prepare sketches, drawings and specifications showing materials to be used, construction and finishing methods and other details.
- Devises and implements control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of system and materials.
- Designs new systems and equipment with regard to cost, market requirements and feasibility of manufacture.
- Establishes principles and techniques to improve the quality, durability and performance of materials such as textiles, glass, rubber, plastics, ceramics, metals and alloys.
- Researches into problem areas to advance basic knowledge, evaluate new theories and techniques and to solve specific problems.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 16% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for engineering professional n.e.c. is £42,370
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,887. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for engineering professional n.e.c. roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £42,370 per year. That is about £3,531 per month or £21.73 per hour. New workers generally start on £24,710, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £63,606
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,887 people are employed in the region.