Primary or Nursery Education Teaching Professional
- Assists with or plans and develops curriculum and rota of teaching duties.
- Discusses progress with student, parents and/or other education professionals.
- Supervises teaching assistants and trainees.
- Undertakes pastoral duties.
- Teaches simple songs and rhymes, reads stories and organises various activities to promote language, social and physical development.
- Supervises students and maintains classroom discipline.
- Maintains records of students.
- Prepares students for external examinations and administers and invigilates these examinations.
- Prepares, assigns and corrects exercises and examinations to record and evaluate students.
- Prepares and delivers courses and lessons in accordance with curriculum requirements and teaches a range of subjects.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 9% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for primary or nursery education teaching professional is £29,664
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 11,693. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for primary or nursery education teaching professional roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £29,664 per year. That is about £2,472 per month or £15.21 per hour. New workers generally start on £14,009, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £40,392
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 11,693 people are employed in the region.