Business or financial project management professional
- Finds out what the client or company wants to achieve.
- Agrees timescales, costs and resources needed.
- Draws up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project.
- Selects and leads a project team.
- Negotiates with contractors and suppliers for materials and services.
- Ensures that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards.
- Reports regularly on progress to the client or to senior managers.
Typical Education Level
Entry may be via a degree or postgraduate qualification in project management or a subject relevant to the particular sector or via significant relevant work experience in that sector.
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 15% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for business or financial project management professional is £43,037
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 6,045. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, 844 jobs have been posted for business or financial project management professional roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £43,037 per year. That is about £3,586 per month or £22.07 per hour. New workers generally start on £26,169, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £72,150
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 6,045 people are employed in the region.