Business or Related Research Professional
- Deals with copyright issues and negotiates fees.
- Liaises with client on the appropriate image/s to be used.
- Researches images for clients in a wide range of media using specialist picture libraries and archives, museums, galleries etc., or commissions new images.
- Presents findings in the required format, via written reports or presentations.
- Provides support to criminal intelligence or to military or other security operations by gathering and verifying intelligence data and sources.
- Provides administrative support for programme development such as booking facilities.
- Briefs presenters, scriptwriters or journalists as required via verbal or written reports.
- Research sources for accurate factual material, finds suitable contributors to programmes or print features and deals with any copyright issues.
- Liaises with production team to generate and develop ideas for film, television and radio programmes.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 9% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for business or related research professional is £32,395
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 1,006. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for business or related research professional roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £32,395 per year. That is about £2,700 per month or £16.61 per hour. New workers generally start on £18,322, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £57,556
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 1,006 people are employed in the region.