Advertising accounts manager or creative director
- Liaises with client to discuss product/service to be marketed, defines target group and assesses the suitability of various media.
- Conceives advertising campaign to impart the desired product image in an effective and economical way.
- Reviews and revises campaign in light of sales figures, surveys, etc.
- Stays abreast of changes in media, readership or viewing figures and advertising rates.
- Arranges conferences, exhibitions, seminars, etc. to promote the image of a product, service or organisation.
Typical Education Level
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations. There are no pre-set entry standards, but in practice most directors hold a degree. Off- and on-the-job training is provided.
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 9% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for advertising accounts manager or creative director is £31,395
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 800. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, 57 jobs have been posted for advertising accounts manager or creative director roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £31,395 per year. That is about £2,616 per month or £16.10 per hour. New workers generally start on £18,818, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £51,909
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 800 people are employed in the region.