- Represents Government, client or employer in contested claims before tax officials or an independent tribunal.
- Discusses disputed cases with accountants and other specialists.
- Stays abreast of all changes in tax law and precedent.
- Considers particular problems concerning all forms of personal and company taxation.
- Examines accounts of industrial, commercial and other establishments to determine their tax liability and makes adjustments to claims where necessary.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 21% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for taxation expert is £42,218
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 867. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for taxation expert roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £42,218 per year. That is about £3,518 per month or £21.65 per hour. New workers generally start on £19,197, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £60,644
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 867 people are employed in the region.