Public Services Associate Professional
- Writes, edits and arranges for the distribution of press releases and other public relations material, addresses target groups through meetings, presentations, the media and other events to enhance the public image of the organisation, and monitors and evaluates its effectiveness.
- Discusses business strategy, products, services and target client base with management to identify public relations requirements.
- Advises the public or companies on general tax problems and arranges for the issue, receipt and examination of tax forms, assessment of PAYE codes and the computation of tax arrears and rebates.
- Undertakes supervisory duties specific to the operation of Revenue and Customs offices, Job Centres, Benefits Agency offices and other local offices of national government.
- Authorises the payment of social security benefits, assesses the financial circumstances of claimants and investigates any state insurance contribution problems.
- Organises resources for the acceptance and recording of vacancy details, the selection of suitable applicants and other Job Centre activities.
- Supervises a variety of administrative functions in government departments such as recruitment and training, the negotiation and arrangement of contracts, building and capital management, monitoring and authorising department expenditure etc..
- Assists senior government officers with policy work, external liaison or general administrative work.
- Manages the activities of government office staff, assigns tasks and responsibilities and makes changes in procedures to deal with variations in workload.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 21% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for public services associate professional is £29,215
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,882. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for public services associate professional roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £29,215 per year. That is about £2,435 per month or £14.98 per hour. New workers generally start on £17,628, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £56,211
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,882 people are employed in the region.