Glazier, Window Fabricator or Fitter
- Fixes mirror panels to interior and exterior walls and repairs and replaces broken glass.
- Applies mastic, putty or adhesive between glass and frame and trims off excess with knife.
- Smoothes edges of glass and positions and secures in frame or grooved lead strips.
- Scores plain, coloured, safety and ornamental glass with hand cutter and breaks off glass by hand or with pliers.
- Examines drawings or specifications to determine job requirements.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 17% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for glazier, window fabricator or fitter is £19,757
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 579. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for glazier, window fabricator or fitter roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £19,757 per year. That is about £1,646 per month or £10.13 per hour. New workers generally start on £14,412, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £27,934
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 579 people are employed in the region.