SEND Facilities - Local Offer
Our vision is to enable students to fulfil their potential through excellent teaching in addition to strong support and guidance, all within a state-of the-art learning environment.
Each College campus provides modern, high quality facilities designed to enhance students learning experiences and enable them to succeed. We aim to create a secure and welcoming environment for all members of our community.
For each student we create an individual programme of study that supports their needs and aspirations. All students’ timetables are personalised to meet their individual needs, they may follow one or more programmes, and can include:
- A range of vocational options
- Personal and social development
- Employability skills
- Work experience Independent living
- Functional skills in English, maths and IT.
We take a holistic and student centred approach to ensuring outstanding experiences and outcomes. Students are celebrated for who they are and encouraged to reach their personal best.
Sensory Learning Base
A purpose-built, safe, self-contained, specialist facility at the College’s Knightstone Campus for students with Profound and Complex Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities (PCLD). This facility includes specialist classrooms, an independent kitchen dining area, personal care facilities and a sensory room – the first of its kind in the region.
This state-of-the-art resource provides staff with the ability to develop individualised high quality multi-sensory programmes for students, using a wide range of sensory experiences and holistic approaches. Staff in the Sensory Learning Base work in collaboration with external agencies to ensure every student receives outstanding support and positive outcomes.
The Workshop has been designed to further enhance the learning offer to students. This dedicated multi-trade workshop delivers a range of courses including: painting, decorating, carpentry and bicycle maintenance.
Kitchen and Independent Living Area
A dedicated food preparation, cooking and laundry area enables students to develop their independent living skills. This includes students being able to develop the skills to make a cold drink, right through to students who are now able to independently plan, budget, shop for and cook a three-course meal.
An allotment garden has been designed to be used as an environment where students can work and learn alongside staff and each other. Within the area are vegetable growing beds, raised beds, a pond, poly tunnel, garden workshop, a lawn care area, a timber store and a recycle reuse themed area where garden containers are made from disused household items.
Why choose us?
- Exciting, fun and challenging opportunities to learn, make new friends, take on new challenges and achieve
- Highly qualified specialist and committed staff
- A unique and highly effective personal tutorial system
- Regular reviews facilitated by staff trained in student centred approaches, who are skilled at engaging with a range of internal and external partners
- Cutting edge bespoke accommodation, assisstive technologies and enabling solutions
- A full range of relevant and individually appropriate accreditation (we are recognised as sector leaders in the use of Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement).