PART-TIME MOTOR VEHICLE COURSES FOR ADULTS
You could make a successful career out of your interest in motor vehicles, starting with one of our courses.
You’ll learn from tutors who are all fully qualified mechanics and have industry experience, so they are the best people to learn from and guide you.
It doesn’t matter what level you are. We offer a number of beginner to intermediate courses to help kick-start your career in the motor vehicle industry, with clear progression so you can improve and refine your skills.
Learn by doing. As a Weston College student, you’ll have access to our million pound Automotive Training Centre, providing you with the best training and giving you the opportunity to realty get involved and put theory into practice.
Whether you want to become a mechanic or be able to repair your own car, skills in motor vehicle maintenance will always come in handy and we’re bound to have a course to suit you.
Careers in Motor Vehicle
Here are just a few examples of job titles that have been advertised in the South West region within the last year.
We've bundled the best education in the area with career boosted benefits - and are leveraging our contacts as one of the largest Colleges in the country to give you the best possible chance of success.
We work with a range of employer partners and have a number of industry accreditations. These are all important factors in ensuring your study programme with us make s you job-ready. These include: Carbase, Halfords, Institute of the Motor Industry, ADT, Howards Motor Group, Mill Auto and more ...
Why choose us?
All levels. Whether you're pursuing a career or just want to know how to fix your car yourself, we offer a range of levels to suit everyone.
Our facilities. Our amazing facilities, based at our South West Skills Campus, will give you access to industry standard tools and equipment.
Course content. Regardless of level, our courses are designed with you in mind. You’re guaranteed to get the skills and knowledge to help you achieve your goals.
Links with businesses. We’ve got links with some top businesses in the industry, which is how we know we’re teaching you what you need to know.
Happy to help. Our tutors are always willing to go the extra mile to progress your learning, so if something you want to know isn’t covered on your course, just ask!
Available Motor Vehicle courses
A qualification in the motor vehicle sector could lead to many job opportunities and successful career paths.
New car registrations are at the highest level in over a decade. With an increase in the number of cars, including the huge demand for electric and hybrid cars, there is steady demand for skilled people who are trained in motor vehicle maintenance. The wider automotive industry, including manufacturing, retail and finance, currently employs over 780,000 people across the UK.
What could you earn?
Some suggested annual salary ranges for those working in the automotive industry include:
- Motor vehicle technician - £15,000 to £20,000
- Formula 1 mechanic - £45,000 to £150,000
- Motorsport engineer - £18,000 to £40,000
- Motor vehicle breakdown engineer - £20,000 to £30,000
- Automotive engineer - £20,000 to £50,000
- The UK motor industry is one of the most exciting sectors in Europe, with almost 3,500 companies associated with the industry
- 80% of the world’s high-performance mechanical engineers are from the UK
- The number of vehicle maintenance and repair businesses has increased by over 48% in the last decade
- The Bristol and Somerset area accounts for 11% of all employment within the vehicle maintenance and repair industry.
- There are over 31 million vehicles registered on the roads in Great Britain
- The number of vehicle maintenance and repair businesses has increased by 48% over the last decade
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, Level 3
Got a question?
Whatever you'd like to know, we're here to help...