Vehicle paint technician
- Cleans and maintains spray equipment, protective clothing and spraying booth.
- Removes masking materials and refits external fittings after completion of spraying.
- Uses hand or electrostatic spray gun to coat surfaces, adjusting nozzle and pressure valves of the gun as required.
- Consults vehicle colour code, chooses appropriate paint or mixes paint to achieve desired consistency and colour.
- Applies masking material to protect areas not to be coated and removes any external fixtures.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 6% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for vehicle paint technician is £22,113
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 287. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for vehicle paint technician roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £22,113 per year. That is about £1,843 per month or £11.34 per hour. New workers generally start on £18,058, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £41,687
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 287 people are employed in the region.