Training courses for businesses
Our training courses can help you get the best out of your current workforce and add value to your business.
We provide a range of courses for businesses which are based around your business needs and requirements. Our dedicated Training Solutions team specialises in providing businesses with flexible and bespoke training programmes and qualifications.
We’ll work with you to assess your business’ training requirements and implement a strategy which will upskill and/or retrain your current staff. Each business we work with undergoes a training needs analysis which will identify any skills gaps in your workforce and identify ways that our services can help.
Through training with Weston College, you and your staff will benefit from our outstanding teaching, support and facilities, and our personalised approach to training which has led to businesses rating us 9.6 out of 10 to work with.
We offer a number of courses for businesses to help train and up-skill employees. This includes:
Apple authorised business courses
Weston College is an Apple Authorised Training Centre, delivering Apple and Adobe Creative Suite courses for businesses. Our sessions are led by Apple Certified experts and industry professionals at a time and place to suit you. Download our leaflet to find out more or contact us using the form below.
We have partnered with a leading e-learning provider to offer businesses online courses, which employees can enrol onto and complete at their convenience. Click here to find out more about our e-learning courses.
WorldHost is a suite of customer service training programmes. Our assessors have provided numerous workshops for a number of employers all over the South West, including Cabot Circus. We are flexible with our delivery and can provide the training at Weston College, near Bristol, or at your location.
Apprenticeships aren’t just for school leavers – they’re also a really useful way to upskill current staff or grow your business by training new recruits to your exact specifications. Weston College offers a variety of apprenticeships, right up to degree-level, and can create bespoke training solutions for your business. To find out more about apprenticeships, visit our apprenticeship pages.
As a Microsoft Showcase College, we can now provide your staff with Microsoft-accredited training and certification.
We offer four courses:
• Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification – available for Word 2016, Excel 2016, PowerPoint 2016, Outlook 2016 and Access 2016
• Microsoft Office Specialist Expert Certification – available for Word 2016, Excel 2016 and Access 2016
• Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification - Available for a range of technical skills
• Microsoft Certified Educator – certification designed specifically for teachers.
To gain certification, we recommend following these four stages:
1) Skills analysis Your staff can identify their weaknesses using the GMetrix skills analysis tool.
2) Learning solutions They can gain skills using the LearnKey video training tools and digital texts.
3) Practice test The GMetrix practice tests will provide staff with a comprehensive report on their readiness.
4) Certification exam The final stage is the Microsoft Certification Exam, which takes around an hour.
The skills analysis and digital learning is independent and flexible according to your availability. If you have a question, or would like to register your interest, please use the form below.
A main source of funding for businesses looking to train staff is apprenticeship grants from the government.
You can find out about apprenticeship grants by clicking here.
In addition to this, students aged 19 or over who are looking to upskill may also be able to apply for an advanced learner loan. For further information on this, please visit our advanced learner loan page.