Out of work? Looking for a change? Need qualifications to progress?
Whatever your job situation is, we have a range of courses, training and help available to get you where you want to be.
Our friendly, qualified team are offering FREE 30 minute Careers Advice sessions. Book yours today.
Why would you be interested in this? We live in uncertain times, and it could be that you’ve found yourself newly out of work... Maybe you feel like opportunities have been passing you by because you don’t have the qualifications you need. Whatever the reason, start your journey by booking a FREE, 30 minute Careers Advice session.
Here’s what you'll get:
- A 30 minute, one-to-one virtual Careers Advice and Guidance session – with no pressure.
- The opportunity to understand the steps needed to get the career you want.
- Help and support if you’re not sure what you want to do.
- Career focused guidance to identify opportunities to transfer your existing skills.
We’re offering 30 minute sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays – book now to avoid disappointment.
You can select a timeslot using the booking form on the right (or below if you’re reading this on a mobile!).
You’ll get an automatic confirmation as soon as you’ve booked and our team will call you on the phone number you have provided. Book yours today.
This service is aimed for clients not currently enrolled on a full-time programme at Weston College. If you are a current college learner on one of these programmes looking for careers support, please refer to our Careers Advice Team page or visit the careers section on the Student Zone.
Career Development Courses
For those who have been made redundant from positions of management or anyone who has completed introductory courses to leadership and management, who feel ready to take their learning to the next level.
Are you needing to retrain, upskill or start a career within a new industry? If so, we have a range of courses aligned to the needs of employers, supporting you to get ahead and gain industry relevant qualifications.
Get into work
If you’re unemployed, we have a huge range of advice, support, training and courses to help you.
Frequently asked questions
What support is available for me?
There is a variety of support here for you at Weston College, which will be tailored to suit your situation and goals.
The first step will be to meet (in person or virtually) with one of our Careers Coaches, who will have a conversation with you to understand your situation. Please see the ‘What to expect from your careers session’ for more information. From there you will receive the advice and guidance needed to help you make the right decisions and navigate your way to a new career.
How do I access the support?
How does the Employment Support and Careers Coaching work?
You can access:
* Careers advice session to understand where you are and where you want to be
* Personalised action plan, including wellbeing support
* Knowledge of the training options available to you
* Networking to support with employment opportunities
* Job search and application coaching, including digital job search and online interviews
What can I expect from a Careers Advice session at Weston College?
The first thing that you should expect from a Careers Advice session here at Weston College is a warm and friendly welcome. We know how challenging it can be to lose your job and remain positive whilst looking for new opportunities during this unprecedented time of uncertainty. We are here to help and this is what you should expect when you come to see one of our Careers Coaches:
* A 1:1 session with a trained Careers Adviser who will focus upon you and your situation
* We will complete a skills audit which will identify skills, including those transferable skills that you never knew you had
* We will use personality profiling methods to help you identify potential career options that suit you as an individual
* If you are asking yourself: “What have I got to offer?” then these sessions will help you to realise your potential and ignite the spark to embark upon new career pathways
* Expect confidence building, resilience training and use of your progressive mind set to consider other employment avenues
* If you are feeling disillusioned, at a cross roads and confused about what to do next, we will help you to think clearly, take one step at a time to ensure that you make the right decisions
* We work with everybody. People from all backgrounds, at different points within their careers, facing different challenges
* We can help you identify industries for growth, jobs of the future and provide local labour market information
* Empowering you is our ultimate aim. Owning the process will ensure that your are able to move forward and we will provide the tools for you to make your own decisions
* Redundancy counselling is key to our support. Our identities are caught up in what we do, therefore when this is taken away it can be a challenging situation to face. Our identity is who we are, not what we do, so once we know who you are, we can recommend future careers and the new skills needed for your future roles
* You will have your own action plan, unique to your situation and supports your progression
When I secure my next job, can I access further training?
Yes! Lifelong learning and career development is now the expectation within the workplace. Here at Weston College, we will support you to access further training, often funded, to help you to maintain and progress the required skills.
Can you connect me with jobs?
Yes! We have a vast network of employers that we work with here at Weston College and will be networking to ensure that connections are made.
What training can I access?
We have innovated and adapted our training courses with employers so you can enhance existing skills or retrain. Some of the options include:
* Digital Skills
* Construction Academies
* Gym instruction
* Health and Nutrition
* Logistics and Warehousing
* Vehicle Component Fitting
* Professional Cookery
* Childcare/ Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
* Education and Training
* Art & Design
* Print Making
* Sector Based Work Academy Programmes (SWAP) – in partnership with employers
* Team Leading
* Customer Service
* Business Admin
Do I have to pay for this service?
No. We will also help you to access funding where available.
What Our Students Say
Alliance Homes: "In partnership with Weston College, we have established the award-winning Care Academy, which helped Alliance Living Care to access a new talent pool of 50+ staff."