Creative Arts Easter Workshops for Year 11s
13 April 2021 – 15 April 2021 09:00 – 15:00
It’s been a long time coming but we are very happy to be able to offer year 11 students an opportunity to participate in our Creative arts workshops on campus over the Easter holidays!
These one-day workshops are an excellent opportunity for year 11 students to see the amazing facilities on offer at our Loxton Campus, meet our expert staff and find out more about the subjects on offer below.
Workshops are open to all year 11 students whether you have applied to us or not.
We can’t wait to welcome you on campus!
WORKSHOPS ON OFFER
13th April (10am - 3pm)
15th April (10am - 3pm
Are you interested in the Fashion industry? Did you know Weston College are running a taster workshop aimed at year 11 students to find out more about the Level 3 Fashion study programme? The session aims to be practical, fun and engaging as well as offering an insight into the fashion industry. During the taster session you will be working towards creating a portfolio of work which can be used to showcase your talent during an interview later that day with the subject tutor. You could be walking away with an offer of a place on the programme for September!
13th April (10:30am - 3:30pm)
Are you interested in Graphic Design; do you want to get into the industry but don’t know how? Come along to our taster workshop to find out more about the Level 3 Graphic Design study programme. During the taster session you come away with a better understanding of the jobs available to you within the industry and what to expect from the programme whilst creating a portfolio of work to use towards an interview at the end of the session with the subject tutor to secure a place on the programme in September. The session aims to be practical, insightful and fun!
13th April (11am - 4pm)
If you would like to try your hand at Photography this workshop is the perfect opportunity to have go with the guidance of our expert tutors. During this one one-day workshop you will be introduced to the world of Photography, engage in a practical hands-on creative session, learn the basics of industry software and develop techniques used by today's industry professionals. All this along with the opportunity to get to know staff and see the facilities on offer. It’s set to be a great day!
Please familiarise yourself with the following notices before committing to a workshop.
- On arrival, all students will need to show evidence of their latest lateral flow test which we would have expected to have been carried out at least 3 days prior to the workshop. Evidence can be shown via email or text on their mobile phone. If you have not been able to use a home testing kit provided by the school please follow the link here to find out how to book a test if you live in North Somerset
- All Weston College staff carry out regular twice weekly lateral flow tests and results are reported centrally.
- Student can only choose one workshop per day.
- Students are required to wear face masks whilst participating in workshops.
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the day.
- Numbers have been limited. Campus facilities are cleaned throughout the day.
- Weston College students will not be on site during this time.
- Parental consent and emergency contact details must be completed before signing up to the workshops.
- Please bring your own refreshments and packed lunch as there are no facilities open on campus during the holidays.
Should you have any questions about the information here please call the School Liaison Team on 01934 42276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org