Hotel or Accommodation Manager/Proprietor
- Arranges for payment of bills, keeps accounts and ensures adherence to licensing and other statutory regulations.
- Approves and arranges shipboard entertainment and shore trips and liaises with ship.
- Ensures physical comfort of residents or passengers and makes special arrangements for children, the elderly and the infirm if required.
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.
- Analyses demand and decides on type, standard and cost of services to be offered.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 24% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for hotel or accommodation manager/proprietor is £28,654
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 954. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for hotel or accommodation manager/proprietor roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £28,654 per year. That is about £2,388 per month or £14.69 per hour. New workers generally start on £16,367, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £45,967
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 954 people are employed in the region.