IT Operations Technician
- Acts as a liaison between users, outside suppliers, and other technical teams.
- Performs server backup and recovery operations and restarts systems following outages.
- Identifies problems, agrees remedial action and undertakes emergency maintenance if required.
- Analyses systems and makes recommendations to improve performance.
- Schedules and performs system maintenance tasks, such as loading user applications, programs and data.
- Configures and sets up new server systems.
- Administers, monitors and supports internal/external networks, servers, email, database and security systems.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 8% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for it operations technician is £27,823
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,503. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for it operations technician roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £27,823 per year. That is about £2,319 per month or £14.27 per hour. New workers generally start on £14,867, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £41,560
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,503 people are employed in the region.